C is for Cookie
Well, we had another great night last week, and I'm glad to have been able to attend. It was a small group, made up of me, Steve, Sue and Joe, but this group is all about quality, not quantity.xcept for Tithi, of course, who values quantity above all else.
Steve has largely been the most prolific blog-keeper of the group, so I thought I'd pipe in and post something as well. And what I want to discuss is WHY we find the Coffee Club nights so relaxing and productive.
We don't drink coffee and we don't go out clubbing, so it's possible our name could be better chosen. That said, what makes it worth the time and energy to do this each week, more than anything else, is that we are exposing ourselves to other types of writing, in the process expanding our own horizons. None of us would have any interest in Oz, for instance, if not for having heard Joe's excellent story of the dragon Quox -- which, to our surprise, is enthralling us all. And thanks to Steve, we've all taken to looking back at our childhood and examining the memories we have of the funny, silly, and sad things we did back then.
I'd like to think people take sometthing from mine as well, but I guess it would be immodest for me to save that. :)

1 Comments:
<<< Steve has largely been the most prolific blog-keeper of the group, so I thought I'd pipe in and post something as well. >>>
Woo hoo!! I dig it!!
<<< And what I want to discuss is WHY we find the Coffee Club nights so relaxing and productive. We don't drink coffee and we don't go out clubbing, so it's possible our name could be better chosen. >>>
Yeah, but the clubbing seems to be a non-issue, considering that the group is called the "Coffee CREW." At least here on the blog, it is. The issue stands, though, after all, since we don't go "crewing," either. Everyone is free to call it whatever they want to—crew, club, writers' night, "that Wednesday thing," "Rich's Space-Nerd-Special," etc. I, though, would rather be a "crewer" than a "clubber." So, I'm all about the Coffee CREW.
<<< That said, what makes it worth the time and energy to do this each week, more than anything else, is that we are exposing ourselves to other types of writing, in the process expanding our own horizons. None of us would have any interest in Oz, for instance, if not for having heard Joe's excellent story of the dragon Quox -- which, to our surprise, is enthralling us all. >>>
Sue's been talking about checking out the Oz books.
<<< And thanks to Steve, we've all taken to looking back at our childhood and examining the memories we have of the funny, silly, and sad things we did back then. >>>
AND the good things, too, hopefully.
<<< I'd like to think people take sometthing from mine as well, but I guess it would be immodest for me to save that. :) >>>
OK, I'll say it. We all like your stuff. Especially last week's Scooby Doo analysis, especially since at least half of it was inspired by conversations you and I have had in the past. Fact: when we worked at "that place," discussions about such silliness as Scooby Doo were a daily routine to kill the monotony. Ah, who am I foolin'? We discuss that kind of stuff anyway!
By
Steve, at December 20, 2004 at 1:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home