Seeing the Psychoanalytical Forest for the Clinically Insane Trees
Having gotten tired of Steve's incessant whining about nobody contributing to this blog, I decided to shut him up and post my review of the past few meetings. Boy will he be sorry.
First, meeting #16 (I'm going strictly by Steve's accounting) was held at the abode of the founders themselves, Steve and Sue. After very pleasantly being surprised by a spread of Boston Market entrees and sides, we retired to the den to continue the fine tradition of reading at these literary gatherings. Here, I offered up a past "Dear Mom" letter from several years back that was written by several members of my night shift back at DSA, myself included. Having not read this material beforehand, I had no idea what we were in for. We only got through 2 of them before deciding it was best to move on. Rich read the last half of his Star Wars Saga, snickering at the geeky sci-fi terms his co-author managed to sneak in. They were most cringe-worthy. I believe Sue continued her story of the Lost One, a child brought up in the forest who discovers it's foliage disappearing and sets out to uncover the mystery. ( I said 'I believe' because to be honest I cannot be certain it was this meeting or the one before, they all tend to run into each other after awhile.) If not, I apologize, blame Steve for not reporting it in his earlier blogs.=) Steve read some more about his experiences transforming from the casual beer swigger to a self-proclaimed 'tea-toteler' and yes, I'm almost certain I spelled that wrong. The ending piece came from Joe this time, who gave us all a series a questions centering around an imaginary forest, questions such as: What is the forest like? You find a key, what does it look like? There is a body of water, how do you feel about it? and so on. Being late in the night, we unanimously decided to hold off on the meanings of the questions until next time, however we did read off our respective answers. The results may shock you.... until next time.......
-Paul

1 Comments:
<<< Having gotten tired of Steve's incessant whining about nobody contributing to this blog, I decided to shut him up and post my review of the past few meetings. >>>
I may whine, but I am easy to please. Seeing this blog updated by someone who wasn't me truly made me excited. If we were paid to do this, I'd see a big raise in Paul's future.
By
Steve, at March 4, 2005 at 10:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home