Coffee Crew

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This Coffee Crew is Sick

I meant that title to be a play on words, but the lingo that some people back in my high school days used to use, where "sick" means "totally great" or "awesome" is probably lost on the readers here. But, we are in fact "sick" (totally great) as well as "sick" (ill). It seems every member of the Crew has had a bout battling colds or germs of some sort over the last month or so. Well, when we met for time #10 last week, folks being "under the weather" did compromise our attendance, but we still had a nice gathering, and it was really....um....totally great. Rich did the hosting honors, providing us with another spread of Italian cuisine, and he was joined by Sue, Paul, Joe, and Me.

Among the readings were Joe's continuing "Oz" adventure, Sue's latest chapter from "Me and the Weirdos," and a memoir from Rich about his brother. The latter story also involved Rich getting a block of wood smashed into his face, so it was a good tale, no doubt. My contribution was a series of unrelated small thoughts that I had pondered over the previous two weeks. It seemed to have gone over well, which I take to mean that the voices in my head are really onto something ! Either that, or I am absoutely insane.

While none of the other Crewer's had to work the next day, I did, so I left "early," at, like, 1:30 AM. Apparantely, as soon as I left, the others were encouraged to leave, because, unbeknowst to us, Rich had spent the evening escaping to the bathroom and vomiting. Yep, we're sick, all right! But the jury seems to be leaning towards some sort of virus or food poisoning as the cause for the tossing. It was not the readings that caused it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home